We are excited and thankful to resume holding worship services in our building on Sunday, September 27. For those uncomfortable with attending in-person worship gatherings at the church, we completely understand – we will continue livestreaming our morning services on our YouTube channel for as long as deemed necessary. Having considered our local context, consulting with our Deacons and other church leaders, receiving feedback from our members, reviewing state recommendations and CDC guidelines, and engaging in much prayer, we will be implementing the changes listed below:
- Chairs will be arranged in the sanctuary for 6ft. social distancing by families.
- The Activity Center will be set up for simulcasting of the service for those who are not comfortable in the sanctuary, as well as for families who may need a place for their little ones who may become fidgety during the service.
- Those who choose to wear masks have the option of sitting in the back, center rows of the church where the doors to the foyer will be propped open for ventilation.
- Members also have the option of listening to the service in their vehicles on the parking lot via an FM transmission of the service.
- An announcement regarding Sunday School and other church ministries will be shared with the church by Sunday evening, Sep. 27.
- Members are asked to be mindful of social distancing before and after the service.
- Offering boxes have been posted at the exits rather than passing the collection plates. On-line giving is still available through the church website.
- Bulletins will not be printed – announcements will be made through the rotating slides on our screens, social media, and email.
- Hand-sanitizer stations have been set up near the entrances.
- Anyone with a fever or any symptoms related to COVID-19 should stay at home.
- We will have congregational singing. Those who are uncomfortable with this have the option of social distancing further than 6 ft., not entering the sanctuary until the preaching begins, wearing a mask, etc.
- Our custodial staff have thoroughly cleaned and sanitized the areas of the building that we are utilizing and will continue to do so on a weekly basis.
- The Security Team will monitor the use of restrooms, spraying or wiping down surfaces as deemed necessary.
We will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our area and adjust our plans accordingly. Thank you for being a patient, prayerful, and loving church family.
Below are video links from Governor Pritzker’s press conference in which he explicitly states the change from “restrictions” to “recommendations” for church gatherings: